Call for Proposals: Application Workshops on TEIN3 Network
TEIN3 HRD Programme 2011
On behalf of theTEIN3 project and DANTE we would like to make a call for proposals to interested individuals or organizations willing to collaborate over TEIN3 and its peering networks, to host workshops aimed at promoting applications on TEIN3 with provision of budget (approx. up to Euro 7,000 per workshop). Information on the TEIN3 network can be found on www.tein3.net
The expected outcome of the workshop is to lead to a concrete collaborative application project to be implemented on TEIN3 in at least 2 TEIN3 beneficiary countries (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam). Examples of existing applications using TEIN3 are, among others, projects in the fields of telemedicine and tele-education.
Application workshops must meet the following requirements:
- New innovative collaborations or enhancements on existing collaborations with the involvement of National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) in at least 2 of the aforementioned TEIN3 beneficiary countries.
- A project development plan for future collaborations should be included in the proposal with a clear time line.
- Proposed applications in new application areas as well as proposed enhancements of existing collaborative applications with a potentially significant impact will be given special consideration.
- All proposed applications/projects must be non-commercial in nature.
- The workshop must be conducted during the course of 2011 while, the actual collaborative activities on TEIN3 can commence or be conducted in 2012.
- The workshop can be co-located as a satellite event of existing meetings/conferences in the region, such as APAN and TEIN3 NOC Annual Workshops.
Applications involving European partners are strongly encouraged.
A proposal (not longer than 5 A4 pages) should include the following:
- Set of objectives.
- Expected results.
- Synopsis programme.
- Post workshop development activity plan.
- Target audience(s).
- Outline budget. A break-down cost quotation for estimated budget is to be submitted to TEIN3 HRD 2011. The 7,000 Euros can be used to partially support travel of resource persons and participants and for the organization of the event.
Up to three workshops will be supported under the TEIN3 HRD 2011 Programme. One proposal for one application workshop should be submitted.
Proposal submission: 31 March 2011 [No deadline extension applicable]
Acceptance notification: 15 April 2011
Please submit a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2011.